μTorrent® (uTorrent) - a (very) tiny BitTorrent client (+ µTorrent Stable [3.5.0 build 44090])
||19 September 2011, 14:41|
|μTorrent® (uTorrent) - a (very) tiny BitTorrent client (+ µTorrent Stable [3.5.0 build 44090])
µTorrent (or uTorrent; commonly abbreviated as "µT" or "uT") is a freeware, closed source BitTorrent client owned by BitTorrent, Inc. It is the most widely used torrent client.
It gets the "µ" in its name from the SI prefix "micro-", referring to the program's small memory footprint: the program is designed to use minimal computer resources while offering functionality comparable to larger BitTorrent clients such as Vuze or BitComet.
µTorrent is a small and incredibly popular BitTorrent client, Tiny Footprint, Massive Power. µTorrent 3.0 is a natural evolution of the classic "tiny-but-mighty” vision. While the interface has been polished and the overall size remains smaller than your average Facebook pic, µTorrent is now packed with some insanely powerful new features.
- Find - Search for torrents or browse artist-sponsored content, directly from your software interface.
- Get - Download torrents and manage your files in the torrent manager.
- Play - It's better than ever with buttons for Play and Stream right where you can see them.
NEW Features :
- Streaming : Watch videos within seconds with progressive downloads – no need to wait. Especially great for previewing a file before committing to the full download.
- Remote Access : Start, stop, and monitor torrent downloads on the go. Access your client from any Web browser, or download our Android app.
- Ratings and Comments : Leverages the collective wisdom of the community to ensure the quality and security of downloaded torrents.
- Drag-and-Drop Sending : Easily send massive personal files – e.g. home movies, cell phone videos and hi-res photos. Select a file on your computer, drag it into the µTorrent "Drop files to send” box and a Web link is yours to share.
- Feature Hiding : Minimizing parts of the µT interface with a click.
- Portable Mode : Run your µTorrent client directly from a USB key and take it with you anywhere.
- Stability etc. : µTorrent 3.0 also offers under-the-hood improvements including a focus on stability as well as improved Web seeding to add speed and reliability to the process of finding the original source of a single-source file.
Check out the features that have made it legendary :
- µTorrent is less than 400 KB (smaller than your Facebook pic!). It installs ultra-fast with a light footprint on your computer, and runs super-efficiently.
- Expertly designed for fast downloads. Avoids hogging valuable system resources, runs quietly in the background, and doesn't interfere with your work, play etc.
- Simple and straightforward – that's µTorrent. With its purpose-built interface, downloading torrents is a snap. Plus, discover new content from the App Studio.
- Our brand-new App Studio is our answer to the scourge of bloatware. Rather than stuffing your tiny client, find the features and content YOU want, on demand, and always optional.
- Access µTorrent from anywhere with µTorrent Remote. Easily access your home clients privately and securely (using novel authentication and key-exchange).
- Based upon the groundbreaking BitTorrent protocol µTP, µTorrent maximizes bandwidth and reduces congestion - so you have the smoothest, quickest downloads possible.
- Since µTorrent is offered by the team who invented the BitTorrent open source protocol, you know you will always have access to the latest and greatest technologies.
- µTorrent is instinctively smart. It auto-adjusts bandwidth usage based upon your network and the Internet. Use Skype, play games, stream video etc., all without interference.
- It is super-easy to make µTorrent all about you. Add new features through the App Studio, skin your client and more.
- µTorrent is a snap to install on your home network. In most cases, it's plug-n-play. We also use UPnP and NAT-PMP technologies to prepare your router for torrent access.
Three simple steps - find torrents, download content, and enjoy!
Search The Web for Torrents Example : You can go to Google.com
and then type Call of Duty 5 torrent and the result will appear.
- Save the torrent to your hard drive.
- Click, drag or copy it into µTorrent to start downloading.
- When prompted, save the downloaded file to the location of your choice.
Simply double-click the file to open after your download have been done.
Category: Programs (.exe) |
|Views: 877 | Downloads: 147