µTorrent (or uTorrent; commonly
abbreviated as "µT" or "uT") is a freeware, closed source BitTorrent
client owned by BitTorrent, Inc. It is the most widely used torrent
gets the "µ" in its name from the SI prefix "micro-", referring to the
program's small memory footprint: the program is designed to use minimal
computer resources while offering functionality comparable to larger
BitTorrent clients such as Vuze or BitComet.
µTorrent is a small
and incredibly popular BitTorrent client, Tiny Footprint, Massive
Power. µTorrent 3.0 is a natural evolution of the classic
"tiny-but-mighty” vision. While the interface has been polished and the
overall size remains smaller than your average Facebook pic, µTorrent is
now packed with some insanely powerful new features.
- Find - Search for torrents or browse artist-sponsored content, directly from your software interface.
- Get - Download torrents and manage your files in the torrent manager.
- Play - It's better than ever with buttons for Play and Stream right where you can see them.
NEW Features :
- Streaming :
Watch videos within seconds with progressive downloads – no need to
wait. Especially great for previewing a file before committing to the
- Remote Access : Start, stop, and monitor torrent downloads on the go. Access your client from any Web browser, or download our Android app.
- Ratings and Comments : Leverages the collective wisdom of the community to ensure the quality and security of downloaded torrents.
- Drag-and-Drop Sending : Easily
send massive personal files – e.g. home movies, cell phone videos and
hi-res photos. Select a file on your computer, drag it into the µTorrent
"Drop files to send” box and a Web link is yours to share.
- Feature Hiding : Minimizing parts of the µT interface with a click.
- Portable Mode : Run your µTorrent client directly from a USB key and take it with you anywhere.
- Stability etc. : µTorrent 3.0
also offers under-the-hood improvements including a focus on stability
as well as improved Web seeding to add speed and reliability to the
process of finding the original source of a single-source file.
Check out the features that have made it legendary :
is less than 400 KB (smaller than your Facebook pic!). It installs
ultra-fast with a light footprint on your computer, and runs
designed for fast downloads. Avoids hogging valuable system resources,
runs quietly in the background, and doesn't interfere with your work,
and straightforward – that's µTorrent. With its purpose-built
interface, downloading torrents is a snap. Plus, discover new content
from the App Studio.
brand-new App Studio is our answer to the scourge of bloatware. Rather
than stuffing your tiny client, find the features and content YOU want,
on demand, and always optional.
µTorrent from anywhere with µTorrent Remote. Easily access your home
clients privately and securely (using novel authentication and
upon the groundbreaking BitTorrent protocol µTP, µTorrent maximizes
bandwidth and reduces congestion - so you have the smoothest, quickest
µTorrent is offered by the team who invented the BitTorrent open source
protocol, you know you will always have access to the latest and
is instinctively smart. It auto-adjusts bandwidth usage based upon your
network and the Internet. Use Skype, play games, stream video etc., all
- It is super-easy to make µTorrent all about you. Add new features through the App Studio, skin your client and more.
is a snap to install on your home network. In most cases, it's
plug-n-play. We also use UPnP and NAT-PMP technologies to prepare your
router for torrent access.
Three simple steps - find torrents, download content, and enjoy!
Search The Web for Torrents Example : You can go to Google.com
and then type Call of Duty 5 torrent and the result will appear.
- Save the torrent to your hard drive.
- Click, drag or copy it into µTorrent to start downloading.
- When prompted, save the downloaded file to the location of your choice.
Simply double-click the file to open after your download have been done.